Inclusion Support Worker – SW Calgary
We are seeking a part-time Inclusion Support Worker (every Friday and 2 Saturdays a month) who will be responsible for providing support to a young active and energetic young man with a developmental disability to enable the individual to be a valued, contributing member of the community. In consultation with the individual and his family, the Inclusion Support Worker will be responsible for supporting the development of skills and competencies that will assist the individual to pursue and fulfill their goals and aspirations.
Responsibilities will include:
- Assisting our family member with job and/or volunteer exploration, job search, providing on the job support, and developing relationships within the workplace and in the community
- Participating with the individual in activities of his interest as well as discovering other areas of interest with him
- Assisting our family member to identify and participate in activities in the community, where he can connect with others around a common area of interest i.e. recreational clubs, volunteer interests, associations.
- Be the conduit between the community group and individual to facilitate the individual’s meaningful participation
- Personal care when needed.
The ideal candidate will possess;
- a steadfast belief and commitment to inclusion, the right for all people to belong, participate and contribute to the community.
- the ability to work independently in unstructured environments and to employ effective time management skills
- excellent coaching skills – knowledge of and ability to demonstrate and support the development of skills as they relate to managing a home, social and work life.
- knowledge of community resources available to support the persons participation and inclusion within their community
- A valid Class 5 driver’s license; access to a reliable vehicle
- First Aid and CPR certification
- A criminal record check
An industry competitive salary is offered. The successful candidate will be directly employed by the individual and family. Consequently, the name of the employer is not published for confidentiality reasons. If you are interested in lending your skills and talents to making a real difference, submit your resume and application by (July 25, 2014 ) to the following e-mail address: email@example.com (only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted)